Saturday, May 14, 2011

Organic Plants in The 'Hood

I was on my way to grab something for lunch in a nearby Carenderia or Food Stall, when I looked up and noticed that trees and plants have grown over several of our neighbors' roofs. One of these is the malunngay or moringa. Lately, I am trying to look for some organically grown vegetables and fruits but it never occurred into my mind that there are some that I could just ask or maybe buy for a bargain in our neighborhood, planted in their yards! Amazing, isn't it? I could say that they are grown organically because according to our neighbors, they have not put any chemicals, pesticides or other unnatural fertilizers with the plants. Neither have I heard about neighbors complaining about pesticides or chemicals being sprayed on and/or them being affected with such.

At least for a start, I will be eating more of the nutritious malunggay with no harmful chemicals just within my reach!

Cheers to health! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment