Thursday, April 28, 2011

How I Started My Organic Craze

Some are asking how my passion for organic products started? Well, I should say my full understanding of it started through Gawad Kalinga. I have mentioned in my previous blogs last year about it. The Human Heart Nature which employs beneficiaries of the GK Payatas 13 for their merchandise as well as giving and improving productivity programs for organic farmers by buying raw materials from them. Human Heart Nature or Human Nature is an organic brand from Gandang Kalikasan, Incorporated formed by Camille Meloto and Anna Meloto-Wilk, the daughters of GK Founder Tony Meloto. Together with Anna's husband Dylan, they formulated the idea which should be 100% natural,organic and 100% Philippine-made. Most of all, it is available in "pocket-friendly" prices as they say at the back label of their products.

For two years now, I have been religiously using their products together with other Philippine organic products (which I will be discussing also in my next few blogs)and so far, I am satisfied with it. Not only that, every time I purchase any of these products, I actually help in improving the lives of Gawad Kalinga's poorest of the poor and our Philippine farmers. In fact, last December, they have donated 100% of the profits of their Citronella Bugspray to the Citronella Farmers of Labo, Camarines Norte, yes, not just a portion but 100%! According to the Human Heart Nature Newsletter, it will be used to buy additional machines and land to be able to produce more citronella. One more thing, the Citronella Bug Spray is the top selling product of all Human Nature products. The best and definitely not the least! So, they donated almost a million pesos to them. Not bad for a starting social enterprise huh?!

Most of all, I am confident that the products I use does not have any harmful chemicals in it. Thus, my love for organics was born!

I will be talking more about it in my next blog!

Cheers to health!

No comments:

Post a Comment