Sunday, May 15, 2011

Eating Healthy on a Sunday

Weekends are supposed to be my "No Holds Barred Meals" wherein I can eat anything healthy or unhealthy it may be. It usually consists of soda for my beverage and mostly pork for my dish! But today, it's different because my day just started with a butter sandwich before leaving for JP Garcia GK Village (a Gawad Kalinga site in the southern part of Cebu). During lunch, the GK home owners prepared a sumptuous meal for all the volunteers which consist of  pancit, inon-onan na bolinao (steamed anchovies mixed with vinegar and salt--I don't know if I got it right in English.lol), fried anchovies, raw tomatoes, vegetable soup and cooked mais ( corn rice?). Most of the ingredients are freshly picked from their backyard farm and another volunteer informed me that the anchovies were freshly caught by the SIGA youth (youngsters in the GK village) who went fishing last night.

My dinner consists of fish and mixed vegetable soup. I feel good and full! Hopefully, I could continue eating healthier food even on weekends.

Cheers to Health! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment