Sunday, December 30, 2012

Eating Healthy in the Holiday Season

Christmas is just around the corner and as a person who is just in progress into healthy eating, it is quite a struggle to resist the temptations of what is being prepared in every party I am attending to.

So, I have listed some tips for myself with the help of some web research on eating healthy during the Christmas season:

1)  Take time to exercise regularly. At least taking walks or in my case, doing some household chores. Since I usually have a hard time waking up early on times like these,  I find that attending the Misa de Gallo/Simbang Gabi (Midnight Mass prior to the Christmas Day) would be an opportunity to go straight ahead in doing some exercise!
2) Choose only one (1) heavy meal a day. I have been practicing this for a month already and so far, my mom's friends already notice a bit of weight loss! By planning only to eat one heavy meal a day and just munching lighter for the rest of the day, I am looking forward to a healthier me! :-)
3) Last but not the least, be realistic! According to www.cpmc.org, we shouldn't be planning to lose weight during this season but instead. We just have to maintain our current weight.


For now, these are yet the tips I have to give for myself and for the readers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment