Monday, May 2, 2011

Trying To Eat Healthy During Bohol Fiesta

It's been two days that I have not updated this blog. I was in Bohol for a quick vacation and visiting relatives just in time for the Fiesta which was yesterday May 1st. Sadly, my late Papa's brother also passed away two days before the eve of the festivities so all the more reason for us to go.

 Majority of the food served on the table were a variety of pork! Of course, lechon (roasted pig) was present. There's pork caldereta, pork stew, pork stuffed lumpia (spring roll),etc. Good thing, fish was also served but quite a few servings only. Ah, felt hungry with all those food? Me? Not! I've had enough for the past two days! I could not get away with pork and they might find me rude for looking on some food that was not even served. Yet, I made sure that I ate fruits in the morning before hitting the main dishes. I felt satisfied again when lunch  served before we left for Cebu today included veggies and watermelon! So, at least the fruits and vegetables were not left out. I did not really felt too unhealthy.

Food during the Tagbilaran festivities is just an avenue for us to kill time while catching up with my cousins and Papa's siblings and realtives. What I cherished most in the last two days was reuniting with them. :-)

Cheers to Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment