Saturday, July 2, 2011

Raw Milk Prevails

One of the major things that I should consider in using organic is intake of dairy products. A lot of studies have been written about how harmful dairy products can be especially when it is not certified organic or raw. The harmful chemicals of milk are actually due to the antibiotics that are being injected on cows to increase the production of milk on cows which eventually did harm than good as well as compromising the quality of the milk.

So, what is the difference between raw milk and organic milk? The difference is like black and white or Jack and Jill? You know what I mean? I have been researching for a valuable to these questions for quite a number of days now. Raw Milk comes straight from a cow (grass-fed to be exact) without having to heat it up thus retaining the natural flavor and nutrients it has and not changing it in any way. As for organic milk, it probably still come straight from a cow but it was already heated or changed in any way. Most of all, these come from grain-fed cows though not necessarily homogenized. There is barely anything that talks about organic milk. As what another article said, the organic word has been over used that you´d still be careful on what you pick in the supermarket.

I remember tasting probably a raw milk as a kid but I don´t remember the taste anymore. I don´t think I had problems with my stomach also that time. Still, I would´ve preferred raw milk over organic milk. Currently, I don´t drink milk anymore as much as possible so as to avoid health risks. But if I could find a suitable dairy farm that feeds grass to its cattle, why not give it a try instead.

Milk used to be labeled as one of the sources of Calcium but with all the risks of pasteurized milk coming out, a doubt already arose and thereby looking for another source of Calcium. Non-milk lovers rejoice over this discovery. Good thing there are other sources of the mineral other than milk and it´s got more of it!

Going back to milk, Raw Milk prevails! Want to know more on Raw Milk? Check this out or you may read another article source too!

Cheers to Health! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment