Saturday, November 13, 2010

Organic Count

I am just home today, resting because of my cough and a little bit of colds. I have been asking myself lately, “Most of the products I have used now are already organic, shouldn’t I be healthier?” I have been trying to fight over the idea of never again putting anything chemical on my body especially commercial medicines. I’m not saying they are bad because I also believe in the wisdom given by God to man to invent such those and create better lives. I believe each one of us have taken them in one way in most of our lives. But now as man awakened to the possibility of creating better than the best lives we have now, it has come into realization that all we need to do is go back to the basics, the natural and organic way! Discoveries of natural healing and even self healing have been created.  Even the most common medicines and products are joining the natural and herbal bandwagon by putting itsy bitsy essential oils of these and that into the goods. Still, we really have to be careful on what we use and take. We only need to read carefully the ingredients of each product. Going back to the supplements I have to take to help me get well, I really have been reflecting on where I went wrong. Here’s a list of the organic products I’m using:
·         Facial wash and toner
·         Feminine wash
·         Bar soap
·         Hand sanitizer
·         Shampoo and body wash
·         Deodorant
·         Conditioner
·         Lotion
·         Day and night moisturizers
·         Beauty oil as my eye moisturizer
·         Massage oil
·         Bug spray
·         Detergent powder
·         Lip balm
Now, let me list down the unnatural products I use as well:
·         Perfume/cologne
·         Coffee
·         lipsticks that I use only once or twice a day
·         Loose powder
·         Blush-on
·         Mascara
·         Eye shadow
·         Medicines(antibiotics and cough)
·         Alcohol

These are as far as I can remember and with the help also of rummaging through my bag. For the above mentioned organic products, my sources are Human Nature and Plantex. You might congratulate me as you read on my listing that there are already more organic products I used than the chemical ones. Yet, the chemical based products are almost as many as the organics that I used!  So, right now I will do my best to continue to look out for organic based goods which I have not used yet. This means I have to research extensively through the net if I have the time or cross my fingers that my trusted brands will come up with it. You see, as much as I would like to completely opt for the healthy way, if it's not available or even affordable, then, I would still be tempted to use the chemical ones. But, if it is worth to buy for your health's sake, better go for it! As for now, I choose to rest from rigorous activities to keep myself well and I believe that sooner or later the products I wish I could use could no longer be harmful because it will be organic. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment